So when you work with Elementor and come to build a more involved site, the need to support ‘listings’ of various types often arises. These could be blog listings, testimonials, property listings, job listings, hotel listings, movies, even image sliders – just about anything you can think of! Over time and with lots of trial and error I worked out how to drive Elementor Pro and Ele Custom Skin (plus Ele Custom Skin Pro) to achieve this but when I was starting out it would have been really useful to have someone walk me through the steps. Well that’s what I’m going to do with this blog post – is walk you through the steps of how to do this.
Let’s dive in:
1. Plugins – getting started and what plugins we are going to need to create custom post repeaters:
2. Creating a custom post type with Custom Post Type UI.
Note: Video 7 in this series (about 2/3rds of the way through – shows that I forgot to tick the “Has Archive” setting when creating the custom post type in this video)
3. Creating a category structure or ‘taxonomy’ for my custom post type:
4. Creating custom fields and linking them to custom post types for display on the front end
5. Structure of displaying custom posts – archive layouts, single post layouts, post repeaters. Quick demo of a basic post repeater on a page
6. Using Ele Custom Skin to create a custom Loop layout for post repeaters.
7. (Part 1) Creating an archive template / layout for automated layout of archive pages.
(i got stuck a bit in this video trying to work out why I couldn’t set the archive display rules/ conditions – traced it back to a setting mistake I made in video #2 – this video shows the fix).
7. (Part 2) Creating an archive template / layout for automated layout of archive pages.
8. Creating a single-post template / layout and customising this.
(also some brief info on settings in Ele Custom Skin Pro about using repeaters and settings to make entire post clickable).